RE: Building A Nationals Winning Car

To: "'bruce haden'" <bhaden@ucsd.edu>,
Subject: RE: Building A Nationals Winning Car
From: Phil Osborne <posborne@minuteman-ups.com>
Date: Mon, 27 Sep 1999 15:11:27 -0500

  > Finally; when was the last time some of you Prepared and Modified guys
added up  all the $$$ you've spent on your cars? Some of you probably
have cars that are "too expensive" and don't realize it! <

I have, and after about 7 grand, I still have about 8 or so to go before
having a marginally competitive car.  But, I like the older Mustangs, the
ground pounding V8 growl, and all that torque...And a 65 fastback 'stang
makes a great looking ride on 12 inch tires and wheels.  But it takes big
bucks to build a competitive car, and talent to put it in the winner
circle.  I'm sorely lacking in both!

This year's CP National Champ probably has the least expensively modded car
in C Prepared at Nationals.  Kurt Janish did it on sheer talent, both in
his shop, and behind the wheel of his 82 Camaro...Gotta admire a guy/gal
who can do it all...

Phil O.