Re: Building A Nationals Winning Car

To: "'autox@autox.team.net'" <autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Building A Nationals Winning Car
From: "Merideth, Marcus (M.E.)" <mmeridet@ford.com>
Date: Tue, 28 Sep 1999 08:25:08 -0400
Bruce,

I don't know your experience in SP but I can assure you it is not cheap.
This year I built a new ESP Mustang and I am firmly convinced it would be
cheaper to go CP.  The motor would cost less (carbs are cheap) and the
suspension would be about the same.  Re wiring the car to make it work with
the new motor and getting the correct engine cross member for the new motor
were major pains.  At Nationals Scotty was calling ESP CP light and I think
it is the other way around.  CP tires and wheels are also cheaper than the
big 17's.  I could be wrong but I just built it and I think it is nationally
competitive. I still have things to do but the major expenditure should be
completed.  I did all the work possible myself and still spent a ton of
money on machine work and parts.  SP requires you to use some things which
are not necessarily better or cheaper than what you can use in CP.  There is
my $0.2.  Have a good one.

Marcus E. Merideth
mmeridet@gw.ford.com
marcus@teleweb.net