Re: Autocross Timing/Scoring Software

To: marka@telerama.com, autox@autox.team.net (Autocross List)
Subject: Re: Autocross Timing/Scoring Software
From: JVHT@aol.com
Date: Tue, 28 Sep 1999 08:30:54 EDT
Mark,

I am definitely not an electrical engineer but I have heard from more than
one expert that Computers are not accurate enough to keep time down to .001
second.  I notice that my system clock needs to be corrected quite often. If
accuracy is not a concern the stand alone system would be the way to go. Also
remember that the switches are not created equal in the accuracy department.
If I purchased a software for Timing/Scoring I would get software that could
be used with or without a timer. Redundancy is nice to have!

John Taylor
assistant timer @<A HREF="http://members.aol.com/jvht/gcac.html";> Gulfcoast
Autocrossers Ltd.</A>