Re: Autocross Timing/Scoring Software

Subject: Re: Autocross Timing/Scoring Software
From: "Mark J. Andy" <marka@telerama.com>
Date: Thu, 30 Sep 1999 12:21:39 -0400 (EDT)
Howdy,

On Thu, 30 Sep 1999, Mark Sirota wrote:
> I wonder if John Carriere or any of the other standalone timer folks
> might be interested in developing such a card specifically for
> autocross timing applications.  That would be a good way to hedge
> against the trend towards computer-based timing systems.

Having it be a card could kinda suck though...  Can't operate standalone,
can't make it talk to a laptop (and who wants to setup a desktop PC in a
van?), etc.

If I were a timer manufacturer and I was convinced the market was good
enough (hah!), I'd develop a box with the card you mention above in it,
and have it speak serially to my win32 app.  I'd also put the most basic
rudimentary controls on the box itself so that if forced to, it could work
without the other computer around.

But that's just me.

Mark