What happened to Stock Class?

To: autox@autox.team.net
Subject: What happened to Stock Class?
From: Jeff_Cashmore@firstar.com
Date: Tue, 9 Nov 1999 17:58:21 -0600
Jason wrote... "Great just what we need... another car running DS times.  It
seems like ES,
GS and HS all run DS times.  And sometimes they all run CS times! I remember
when there used to  be a difference in speed from DS through HS.  If all the
cars are running the same speed, then why aren't they all in the same class?"

But then goes on to say how the Type R and Eclipse are GS overdogs.

Jason, you can't have it both ways.  Are you saying that if the cars all run the

same times then 30 hp or 300 lb weight differences don't matter and we
should combine DS through HS?  Or are you saying that cars of similar hp and/or
weight should be classed together?  Are you doing long term comparisons
of classes from different parts of the country or just looking at one weeks
results on one surface?

How does that song go?  "Here we go again..."

When thousands of cars need to be classed in only nine stock classes
chances are some of them might not be competative.  Some cars get
forgotten about when no one sees many of them running (12a Rx7's in CS?
63-82 Corvettes all in AS?).  Does someone want to remind us all of the
definition
of "best of breed"?  It's also probable that 2 (or many more) reasonable
people might not agree where all those cars should go.  The answer?
(everyone says in unison...)

"write a letter"

Jeff "stirring the pot" Cashmore