Re: Shift knobs/C&C (was: YAESPP)

To: JCGZ3 <jcgz3@hotmail.com>
Subject: Re: Shift knobs/C&C (was: YAESPP)
From: Mark Sirota <msirota@isc.upenn.edu>
Date: Mon, 05 Jun 2000 23:19:08 -0400
JCGZ3 wrote:
> However, I've been told may a time by folks on the SEB and PC's that
> a shift knob falls under C&C.  End of story.

It isn't end of story until there's something in the rules or in the
official clarifications.

I know you and I have disagreed many times on C&C, which just goes to
show you that reasonable people may have differing interpretations
(which is, of course, why it's a hot topic on Team.Net!)

I still think my interpretation of C&C (the one that analyzes the
motive behind the modification) is the only reasonable one, although I
admit it's rather difficult (impossible?) to write motive into the
rules.

Whether the desire to change one's shift knob comes out of a desire to
go faster is, naturally, a personal thing.  My feeling is, at the
national level, if you don't believe that it makes you go faster, then
what's the harm in leaving it Stock?

(I'll include here the usual disclaimer -- this doesn't apply at the
Regional level.  I always have, and always will, encourage loose
interpretation of the rules at the Regional level.)

Mark