Impact Wrenches

To: Brian Weikert <gunther@magetower.com>, autox <autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: Impact Wrenches
From: Ray Gahan <ray.gahan@pgs.com>
Date: Wed, 07 Jun 2000 09:05:45 -0500
<From: Brian Weikert <gunther@magetower.com>
>Subject: Tools online?
>
>I finally broke down and purchased a dedicated set of wheels and tires for
>autocrossing (no more street tire class for me), so now I'm on the hunt for
>a cordless impact wrench for use in swapping wheels/tires at the events.
>
>My questions are:
>
>1) What models of impact wrenches are you vets familiar with (or more
>importantly - happy/satisfied with)?
>
>and
>
>2) Is there a good source 'online' for purchasing said piece of equipment?
>
>As I live about 100 miles from the closest thing that could be described as
>a 'town', I'm hoping to be able to get something online.
>
>Thanks for your help,
>
>Brian Weikert
>FS.. err..  ESP Mustang

Cordless Impacts SnapOn

however

12v Impact Wrench

www.harborfreight.com
jc whitney
others

$40-60

Got mine from Harbor Freight when they had a
sale $29.95 + $4.95 shipping

Works great for me. Spins up to speed then thwack.
1 or 2 times and lug nut spins off. However I
would recommend (working on it for myself) a cordless
drill with a socket attachment to run the lug nuts on.
Thinking of getting a second one to leave in the
pickup for flats.

Ray
CS Miata
--