Re: Short People

To: "Team.Net" <autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Short People
From: "Rick Brown" <free2000@quixnet.net>
Date: Wed, 7 Jun 2000 12:49:18 -0700
> >Autocrossing also does not depend on having back seats, but you can't
> >remove those...
>
> You could argue that removing a rear view mirror has a bit less weight
> savings than removing your back seats.
>

> >Once you go down this path, you're into purpose-built race cars.

Bit of a stretch don't ya think..........

> >We're talking Stock category here.
>
> We're talking comfort and convenience (and safety). I just don't see
> how removing the mirror is giving someone an unfair advantage - just
> the opposite in the case of cG impaired individuals. And requiring the
> original mirror to be in place when you install a Wink is simply
> ridiculous.
>
> IMHO

And talking about safety, besides reducing visability, there is the remote
posibility of those of us with snap off/on mirrors accidently hitting it
during a run and then you have this loose object flying around the car ;-)
(May seem ridiculous, but not any more than some of the arguments for
leaving it on)  Gee, if weight is an issue, then those people who run right
after lunch have a disadvantage too depending on how much they ate.  And you
can't expect them not to eat, 'cause then they might get weak and pass out
during a run! Oh, I know, they can eat, digest as much as they can before
their run, then head to the porta-potty and stick their finger down their
throat to get rid of what ever is left................

(My apologies to the rules nit-pickers)

Rick Brown
FP 240Z