Re: Gear ratios and autoxing

To: GSMnow@aol.com, gs96@sgi.net
Subject: Re: Gear ratios and autoxing
From: Travis Lane <gofastlane@yahoo.com>
Date: Fri, 9 Jun 2000 13:24:27 -0700 (PDT)
--- GSMnow@aol.com wrote:
> Date: Thu, 8 Jun 2000 10:48:30 -0400
> From: Kent Rafferty
>
> << How does one figure what rear gear ratio would
> be "optimal" for autocrossing?  Is there a "rule-of-
> thumb" for making this calculation?

I heard someone mention, somewhere along this thread, that you could only
switch final drive/diff. due to updating/backdating.  Is this true of SM?  It
doesn't seem logical, but rulez is rulez.

I believe that 14.10.N. pretty much covers those of us in SP and 15.10.S.2 for
Prepared and Mod, well, is Mod and all three allow liberal changes outside of
the update/backdate rule.  Can someone confirm that I'm reading the SP section
correctly.

T  L a n e