Re: Best C4 Vette for Autox?

To: "mab" <mti@concentric.net>, <autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Best C4 Vette for Autox?
From: "Kent Rafferty" <gs96@sgi.net>
Date: Tue, 13 Jun 2000 14:53:50 -0400
Okay, I'll play.  All these choices are course dependent
and are highly subjective but here goes:

    1.  86 Z51 Automatic - perfect match between tranny
         and L98 torque, very light at around 3100ish lbs.

    2. 89 Z51 6-speed -  probably the most successful
        autox model so it must have something going for it.

    3. 91 ZO7 L98 6-speed -  Don't see many running but
        you get a good suspension with L98 torque.

    4.  92-95  ZO7 6-speed - good track suspension that
        works okay for autox - LT1 has detractors. 3300 lbs.

    5.  96 Z51 LT4  - great engine in search of a suspension.
        Z51 in 96 used base-level springs.  Heavy at 3400 lbs

    6. Any ZR1 - great on first gear courses.  Pigs at 3500+ lbs
       Relatively soft suspension and peaky power curve.

Kent Rafferty