Best C4 Vette for Autox?

To: "autox@autox.team.net" <autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: Best C4 Vette for Autox?
From: mab <mti@concentric.net>
Date: Tue, 13 Jun 2000 14:10:55 -0400
In evaluating considerations for my next autox car, a C4 Vette is
rapidly nearing the top of the list.   It seems that the logical
candidates are:

a) 96 LT4 with Z51
b) most any year ZR-1
c) 91 L98 with Z07
(all of the above would have 6 speed transmissions, which is what I'd
prefer anyway)

or would it be something else entirely?

I'd be interested in knowing what the Vette owners  think makes a great
car that would run in Stock class.  I've seen some comments on the list
that indicate that the ZR-1 is not a great autox car but I do not
understand why if that's true.

I'll admit that right now I'm partial to the 96  LT4.  I don't care for
the blue Grand Sport paint job, so I'd likely try to find a regular
production LT4 when the time comes.

So.. let me have your opinions and rationale.

Thanks,

Miles Beam
91 Trans Am 305, 5 speed