I've got the last run blues

To: "Team.net" <autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: I've got the last run blues
From: "Craig Daugherty" <cmdaugherty@tyler.net>
Date: Mon, 19 Jun 2000 07:22:19 -0700
    I've been autocrossing for a year and half now and I've got the last run
blues. No matter whether the event provides 3, 4, or 5 runs I can never make
the last run of the day my best run. Usually, my second run of the day is my
best one. I'm very aware of the tendency to over drive the last run, so I
intentionally try to relax, be smooth, go slow to go fast, but nothing seems
to be working.
    I'm obviously not the only one with this problem. Analyzing event
results shows that almost everyone has the same disease. Even a luminary
like Brian Priebe in winning last year at Nationals could not do it either
day.
    So what's the secret? Any ideas?