Re: I've got the last run blues

To: cmdaugherty@tyler.net
Subject: Re: I've got the last run blues
From: Stephen Bernard <solo-2@juno.com>
Date: Mon, 19 Jun 2000 10:28:00 -0400
> best one. I'm very aware of the tendency to over drive the last run,
> so I intentionally try to relax, be smooth, go slow to go fast, but
> nothing seems to be working.
>     I'm obviously not the only one with this problem. Analyzing
> event results shows that almost everyone has the same disease. Even a
>     So what's the secret? Any ideas?

I often wondered about that as well. I spoke with Linda Kogan
and she said if you aren't in the lead you might as well
go all out since you have nothing to lose. At least that
is what she has done and some times it pays off.
I am usually faster on my last run if I don't overdrive the
car and I have been trying to not push as hard on the last run
but if I'm off the pace I will push to my limits.
6 runs would help a lot tho. :)

Steve Bernard
Red '99 Miata (B-Stock)
NER Region (Novice Class)