Re: I've got the last run blues

To: GSMnow@aol.com
Subject: Re: I've got the last run blues
From: Stephen Bernard <solo-2@juno.com>
Date: Wed, 21 Jun 2000 10:53:09 -0400
> Twice this year, I have been able to pull off that great final run.
> In both cases, I was late in the run group,.and all of my tough
competition
> was done for the day. One time I was in a solid second place with my
best
> points so far in class, so I basically went for it with nothing to
lose. I
> went much faster. I took the lead in class, and also moved up to 3rd on
our
> index standings. I have been running in the teens.

That is what I have been hearing. If you aren't in the lead
you might as well go for it. As you say nothing to lose
but if you pull it off it's worth it if not, well, it's a blown run.
You're still in 2nd or 3rd but so far I haven't pulled off a
miracle last run even when I was behind. But I do push much
harder and it helps me get a better feel for my car at 11 or
12/10ths.

> The other time I was already in the class lead, so I pused it again
> with nothing to lose. I chopped off about a half second and moved from
> 15th or so to 11th on the index standings. The last two events, I ran
earlier
> in the group and my competition did to me what I did to them. I got
pushed
> back to third as they did their last runs while I just sat and watched.
This

Well I guess that's the way the game is played but
imagine if you could be consistantly that good. That is what
I am striving for.

> Maybe I should always line up at the end of the run order??
> Too bad my competitors are trying to do the same.

Get a high number that will work. But I prefer to be near the
beginning of the run order, maybe that'll change down the
road but I'm having a lot of fun in my first year.

Steve Bernard
Red '99 Miata (B-Stock)
NER Region (Novice Class)
mailto:Solo-2@juno.com