Fw: Solo participation too high?

To: <autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: Fw: Solo participation too high?
From: "Dave Whitworth" <dave@wcsllc.net>
Date: Wed, 21 Jun 2000 07:34:00 -0500
I would have to disagree, respectfully of course! :)

National Tours:

This event was popular at Evansville and was only going to get more so at
Peru with concrete.  If you limit the entries based on results or
participation it would hinder new people from making the step up to these
events.  How many people are there at your local events who win their class
every event and don't realize how much the competition level goes up at a
tour?  New blood has to be fed into the sport for the national program to be
successful  defined as large entries).

I sent my entry in 1 month ahead and felt that was the minimum amount of
time I could get away with.  Of course people are always limited in sending
their entries in early by jobs, family, money, etc.  I would probably feel
differently if I couldn't send mine in that early because I didn't know if I
could get off work, etc until then, and didn't get in :)

I think the large entries at NT our something we'll have to live with.
Maybe more events would help?

PRO SOLOS

I don't know much about the current format, but it would seem to me that you
COULD limit entries here based on prerequisites.  This is advertised as a
different kind of solo, and professional to boot.  Since this is a
professional event, it would make sense to have to "qualify" to enter.  Of
course some of the above NT issues may apply here too!  But personally, I
wouldn't recommend a new person try a pro for their first national event.
(Maybe their second)

All of this IMO

Dave Whitworth
dave@wcsllc.net