Re: Solo costs

To: free2000@quixnet.net
Subject: Re: Solo costs
From: Stephen Bernard <solo-2@juno.com>
Date: Wed, 21 Jun 2000 19:57:29 -0400
> Actually, in most Solo 1's (not counting hill climbs and excluding
> the cost
> of safety equipment-which doesn't have to be $1000, only a roll BAR
> required
> in closed cars), if you look at the cost per track time it's a much
> better
> deal than Solo 2. Some events I've been in cost only $50 for 1 day

Well my Miata would cost a wee bit more for Solo 1 since it's tough
to put the top up with a roll bar that is 2 inches above my head
and I'm not that tall.

> and I got
> 3 track sessions of about 15 to 20 minutes.  Different regions run
> their track Solo 1's differently but the pricing is probably the same.

> That's only $1 to $2 per minute.

Well I am certain that you know more about Solo 12 than I do.
But tires aren't cheap and theer are plenty of other costs.
I don't see it as being as cheap as Solo 2.
I do see it as a step up cost wise from Solo 2 and I would imagine
a higher level of commitment.
Also are the cars still fairly streetable with a fire suspression
system inside them?

Steve Bernard
Red '99 Miata (B-Stock)
NER Region (Novice Class)