Re: Solo costs

To: "Team.Net" <autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Solo costs
From: "Rick Brown" <free2000@quixnet.net>
Date: Wed, 21 Jun 2000 12:21:51 -0700
> This is true for me if Solo 2 was priced up into the Solo 1
> range I wouldn't be able to afford to play racing

Actually, in most Solo 1's (not counting hill climbs and excluding the cost
of safety equipment-which doesn't have to be $1000, only a roll BAR required
in closed cars), if you look at the cost per track time it's a much better
deal than Solo 2. Some events I've been in cost only $50 for 1 day and I got
3 track sessions of about 15 to 20 minutes.  Different regions run their
track Solo 1's differently but the pricing is probably the same.  That's
only $1 to $2 per minute.

Rick Brown
FP/GT2 240Z