Re: Was Another sport on the verge... now Profesional hahh!

To: "team.net" <autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Was Another sport on the verge... now Profesional hahh!
From: Mike Mitchell <mitchell@gatecom.com>
Date: Thu, 22 Jun 2000 17:40:49 -0400
I agree with our north of the border (actually south right Dennis?) friend.

I think the public would be very interested...no ARE interested in some
grassroots style auto competition.  And manyof us drive the types of cars the
public drives everyday.    And it wouldn't cost an arm and a leg like NASCAR car
,or like the recent Grand Prix we had in Detroit (i.e. $60-120!).

All kinds of people ask me all the time what I do with my GSX trailering
tires...but really I don't offer them to come out unless they are interested in
competing.

What if the last hour of an autox pitted the five modified, prepared, stock and
ST cars with the best times for a final runoff?  (Don't think the public wants
to stand around for 6-10 hours!)  Another idea is that while I've not been to a
mirror khana I sure think that format would be fun to watch.

A present thread has touched on the comparing pro vs. national vs. divisional
vs. regional events.    I would think at the pro and national (and perhaps
divisional) events making spectators more welcome and informed is the ticket.
I think it could complicate and ruin local events which tend to be friends and
family.

Why can't some of my SCCA national dues be funneled back in  support my level of
involvement?

I think sponsors could be more easily enticed with the lure of a larger
audience.

MIke M
#90 Eclipse
NWOR/CENDIV