Was Another sport on the verge... now Profesional hahh!

To: "'autox@autox.team.net'" <autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: Was Another sport on the verge... now Profesional hahh!
From: Alan Pozner <AlanP@identicard.com>
Date: Thu, 22 Jun 2000 08:55:41 -0400
Dennis wrote:

<<<...Tours and Pros are
the (current) Major Leagues of this sport. It's as close to the "big time"
as we have. And it's nowhere near big enough for me. I want to make my
living doing autocross (stop laughing Roger) and the sport isn't "finished"
until it's possible for me - or at least for a regular group of "someones",
if one chooses to believe that my personal talent is lacking - to do just
that....>>

OK Reality check time. In motorsports there are very few arenas for true,
full-time, "professional",
earn-enough-to-pay-the-bills-buy-a-house-and-send-the-kids-to-college
drivers. Why? Money of course. Sponsor money. Big Big sponsor money. How do
you get sponsor money? TV. Lots of TV. How do you get Lots of TV? Lots and
lots of Fans.

Now answer this one question and you will KNOW why Solo II will never truly
support "Professional" drivers. When was the last time a non-participant
paid money to see a Solo II event?

I think its great that you love this sport so much that you want to make it
your vocation as well as your avocation. But it ain't gonna happen. "If
wishes were horses, beggars would ride"

Regards,
Alan "amatuer autoxer" Pozner