Was Another sport on the verge... now Profesional hahh!

To: "'autox@autox.team.net'" <autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: Was Another sport on the verge... now Profesional hahh!
From: Alan Pozner <AlanP@identicard.com>
Date: Thu, 22 Jun 2000 17:22:16 -0400
Dennis wrote:

...>>Naysay all you like, but hey! I've got paying sponsors on the car NOW.
That's with no exposure to speak of, and questionable talent. What would
things be like for us if we had just a _few_ spectators? Just a _little_
promotion? Just a _smidgen_ of media coverage?

Whatever happened to that American enterpenurial spirit y'all are so proud
of?

DG.<<

Dennis,

I think you have several good points. Can auto-x become a spectator sport?
Yes probably. Do the majority of auto-xers want that? I don't know but I
know I personally would prefer not. I suspect the SCCA would (has there ever
been a less effective promoter?)  but does not have a clue how.

I think you need more than a promoter. You need a venue. Since there are
none now, someone with money and a willingnes to risk it is going to have to
step up and create a venue. Who's that gonna be?

You really have done a great job developing SM (I am being serious here). I
vote for Dennis for VP in charge of Auto-X promotions (I am joking here).
All those in favor?

Regards,
Alan