Re: Maps and the "hidden" SCCA membership

To: "Team.Net" <autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Maps and the "hidden" SCCA membership
From: William Loring <bloring@tirerack.com>
Date: Thu, 29 Jun 2000 16:05:42 -0600
> From: "Mark J. Andy" <marka@telerama.com>
>
> Well, "them" is really "us" right?  Do you want 70% of the people who pay
> your expenses to not want to you to buy something?  I betcha I'm not the
> only one that gets the ProRally results in the mail, glances at 'em, then
> throws 'em away.  I'm sure it doesn't cost a ton to get me those results,
> but I betcha across all the Pro licence holders for the year it becomes
> real money.

Okay, then perhaps an "opt-out" program would be appropriate. If you don't
want mailed results, check the little box on the entry form. Works for me.
I'm still searching for that "equal access" nirvana... Oh, what a fool I am!
;^)

> The point with the phone and english speaking and all that was to point
> out some other things that are the responsibility of the receipient, not
> that we have some huge disenfranchised homeless french canadian solo group
> just waiting to pounce... :-)

I know, it was just such an easy target, and I thought we could use a little
humor in the conversation. But hey, those Canadians are a pretty sneaky
bunch...

...bill