Re: hassled by The Man

Subject: Re: hassled by The Man
From: "Mark J. Andy" <marka@telerama.com>
Date: Fri, 30 Jun 2000 09:23:49 -0400 (EDT)
Howdy,

On Thu, 29 Jun 2000, Rick Brown wrote:
> One of the things that really bothers me about all this (targeting sports
> cars out of a group), is that "us" are probably much better/safer drivers
> than "them".  I'd bet experienced autocrossers are probably the top 1% of
> skilled drivers on the street.

Not that I particularly love the current traffic laws or how they're
selectively enforced (both globally "5 over is ok pretty much anywhere"
and specifically "Let's tag the black guy"), but what percentage of
sports car drivers do you think are autoxer / racer / someone that
actually knows what the hell they're doing?

My guess is less than 1%.

How's a cop supposed to know by looking?

Mark