Re: Sequential Stock Classes

To: autox@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Sequential Stock Classes
From: Ben Thatcher <bthatch@juno.com>
Date: Thu, 6 Jul 2000 21:25:42 -0400
Good point GH. The simple part isn't the startup, it's the ongoing part
of it. I think looking at some results would be a good place to start and
work from there. Then after the process is started you can see which cars
aren't being entered in the classes. More than likely, there's a good
reason. Drop 'em down for a year and see what happens. Keep dropping them
down until people start entering them and winning. The same thing would
work the other way, a car dominates a class, move it up a class and see
what happens.

Let's face it the SEB is far from 100% in classifying cars now and this
process is already in place to some degree. However, trying to keep
similar type cars together in a class has its problems, too.

One of the main problems with the current system is that HS is similar to
ES and DS. FS and AS are similar, BS & CS are much alike, also. So, when
you have to move a car now, you have to move among those similar type
cars.

However, the actual times between classes are all over the place, not
linear from SS to HS. Classing by time instead of car type would help
some popular cars that just don't quite fit in, now to be competitive.

> OK, so take the cars in the current proposal and show us where you
> would
> put them.  Not just a few of them, but all of them.  If it's simple
> it
> shouldn't
> take very long, right?
>
> GH