Re: Sequential Stock Classes

To: bthatch@juno.com
Subject: Re: Sequential Stock Classes
From: Ghsharp@aol.com
Date: Fri, 7 Jul 2000 15:28:01 EDT
In a message dated 7/7/00 2:23:09 PM Eastern Daylight Time, bthatch@juno.com
writes:

> I for one appreciate the efforts you and the rest of the SEB put into our
> sport. I hope my "brainstorming" about a different classing structure
> isn't seen as a cut of the SEB's work or lack of appreciation for what
> y'all do.
> Ben Thatcher

No, I didn't take it that way on either account.  But while it's fairly easy
come up with new classing methods that might address real or perceived
inequities within the current system, I've never seen one that didn't have
it's own inherent set of drawbacks in reaching the goal of "fair" classing.
The biggest drawback to a complete overhaul of the_method_of classing is
that it would take several seasons to reach relative equilibrium again, and
the eventual outcome likely would not be any "fairer" than what we have now,
it would only be "fair" to a different group of competitors.

GH