Re: Stock class rules was (Re: Sequential Stock Cl

To: autox@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Stock class rules was (Re: Sequential Stock Cl
From: rjohnson@friendlynet.com
Date: Fri, 7 Jul 2000 12:18:58 -0500
  Mike:

1.)  There is far more to competitiveness than alignment.  There
are cars in my class with 100 hp more than I have - so by your
reasoning, I should be able to run their motor, right?

2.)  Each time you add allowances, you make it more difficult
to attract and retain new competitors.  They are often overwhelmed
by the appearance of what it takes to be competitive.

3.)  Each time allowances are changed, or vehicles are re-classed, you
cost people money.  Money that could be spent travelling to events,
paying entry fees, and the like.  Sometimes, the status quo
is the best solution even if it isn't the right solution.

  Roger