RE: Stock class rules was (Re: Sequential Stock Classes)

To: autox@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: Stock class rules was (Re: Sequential Stock Classes)
From: Patrick Maddy <pmaddy@issiinc.com>
Date: Fri, 7 Jul 2000 13:30:09 -0400
<lurk mode off>

Well, how would you propose to handle the situation of someones shocks
wearing out? Make them take it back to the dealer for stock replacements?
Too expensive, and in my understanding the idea is to not raise costs. You
could eliminate adjustable shocks, but that still does no good for custom
valved shocks or just your garden variety Bilstien non-adjustable
performance shocks.

Or do you just propose that a person has to use the same shocks that came on
the car, and when they go bad either live with it or get a new car (again
expensive and completely unreasonable).

We have to be able to replace expendable items, and shocks definitely fall
under this category. I don't see a practicle way to keep people from using
these allowances to their advantage, so IMHO it would be best to leave good
enough alone.

<back to lurking>

Patrick Maddy
'00 Integra Type R #219