Re: ProSolo questions and launching

To: "Team.Net" <autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: ProSolo questions and launching
From: Paul Cezanne <oblique@alum.mit.edu>
Date: Fri, 7 Jul 2000 23:17:59 -0400
At 9:05 PM -0400 7/7/00, Steve Ashcraft wrote:
>I'm still confused (but that's my usual state of mind).  I still don't
>understand why you wouldn't still launch hard if for no other reason than to
>warm up the rear tires.  I'm not sure how you could ever design a start
>where a hard launch wouldn't have you going faster as you cross the start
>line than a smooth "slow" start.

I posted this graphic last time we had this discussion...

See http://www.customline.com/cones.gif for such a start.  Admitedly,
this is extreme, but it can be done.

This of course ignores the "warming the tires issue."
--
pZ -- Paul Cezanne (formerly Czarnecki)

Please consider buying my wife's new book, The Illusionist,
(http://www.JeannetteAngell.com) and then help the UN feed the world
for free @ http://www.TheHungerSite.com