Re: 1st gen RX-7 setup

To: autox@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: 1st gen RX-7 setup
From: Smokerbros@aol.com
Date: Mon, 10 Jul 2000 00:56:46 EDT
Mdmotorsprt@aol.com writes:

<<  I too run a 1st Gen RX7: The quick and dirty? Your tire pressure should
be
 reversed. They way you are right now, an RX7, or any car, will induce
 oversteer. The RX7 is even more pronounced as the car's balance tends toward
 oversteer. Solution? Higher pressure AT THE REAR!  >>

I absolutely disagree!  I ran 34F/30R on BFG Comp T/A R1's with lots of
success (relatively speaking, considering the other cars classed in C/S)  The
following is based on the assumption that your 7 is a GSL-SE.  You definitely
need a large front bar, preferably the Ground Control adjustible bar, Tokico
Illuminas set to 5F/3-4R, make sure you keep the Limited Slip fairly tight
(within stock specs) and as much caster as you can get without interference
(assuming you have PS, the only way to go in my book.)

Charlie Davis