Re: Police The issue

To: BRUBEL51@aol.com
Subject: Re: Police The issue
From: Todd Green <tag@cs.utah.edu>
Date: Mon, 10 Jul 2000 20:31:00 -0600
> Many police officers are killed every year by motorists who lose control of
>their vehicles and run a police officer over or run into a police cruiser...

http://www.nleomf.com/WhatsNew/PressReleases/newreport.html

According to this site, 47 out of 740,000 officers were killed in
automobile accidents (note that is total, not just those who were hit
outside their cars) in 1998, and 7% of all police fatalities are caused
by being struck by a vehicle.  If you are the family, I'm sure one death
classifies as "many", but statistically, I would argue otherwise.

BTW, in SanFran (which apparently has the highest tally of vehicular
manslaughter) 73% of the deaths occured on roads with a speed limit of
25 and under.  So much for (raw) speed kills.

>Well anyway for the few who read this in its entirely, hopefully you will
>feel differently about the "JOB" that is being done..

Not really, there are good and bad cops. Always have been, probably
always will be.

Todd