Real TV autocross accident clip

To: autox@autox.team.net
Subject: Real TV autocross accident clip
From: Randy Chase <randyc2@home.com>
Date: Tue, 11 Jul 2000 18:01:30 -0700
I recall a while back some talk about something played on the tabloid
show Real TV? Maybe I am hallucinating. Anyway, this link to their
website was posted on the MR2 list. Be warned, it's a Corvette
autocrossing, and it's is violent in that at least one spectator is hit.

http://www.realtv1.com/movies/raw_0004.mov

Two things really seem notable about this clip. One is the course
design. The second is the proximity of spectators.

I am truly concerned that this kind of laxness (if it was), will cause
us to lose event sites, or worse. This reinforces for me, why spectator
safety should always be a priority.

http://www.realtv1.com/movies/raw_0004.mov

Randy Chase