Re: Real TV autocross accident clip

To: "Craig Blome" <cblome@yahoo.com>, <autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Real TV autocross accident clip
From: "Phil Ethier" <pethier@isd.net>
Date: Wed, 12 Jul 2000 07:44:38 -0500
From: Craig Blome <cblome@yahoo.com>

>at any rate, I hope the spectator was not badly hurt.  I really do not
>think having this plastered all over the net is going to do our sport
>one bit of good.

Agree.

>Is there anything we can do to get it taken down?

Probably not.

>Maybe Denver's legal people can complain to the network?

On what grounds?

Is there a scrap of evidence the event was a Solo2 (tm)?

Did the TV or website SAY it was SCCA (tm) or Solo2 (tm)?

What legal connection does this tape have to the SCCA?

Bottom line:  1st Amendment.

1970 Lotus Europa, 1992 Saturn SL2, 1986 Chev Suburban
"If I can do it, it's not art"  - Red Green