Re: WS6/SS

To: SVPViper@aol.com
Subject: Re: WS6/SS
From: "Jeff Winchell" <Jeff@Winchell.Com>
Date: Sat, 15 Jul 2000 14:43:16 -0700
Fm: Dave Schotz

>However I am not trying to put F-Body VS. F-Body, what I was trying to
>bring up is look at the Mustang GT VS Cobra!!  Leagues apart, yet in
>the same class!  Either move the Cobra's, or put the SS & WS-6 back
>in!

In a local non-SCCA organization, I briefly looked into reclassifying the
ponycars into something more equitable (in stock form, ALL V8 ponycars
are stuck competing with A Stock and B Stock M3s, Miatas, etc), while
the 924s and NA MR2s get their own "C Stock like" class to themselves.

However, I'd make a few clarifications on stock Cobras and GTs...

The 99+ GTs are nearly as fast as the 96+ Cobras, and faster than the
94-95 Cobras.

The 94-98 GTs are much slower and should clearly be in some other
class than running against any Cobras or 99+ GTs.

Where you put the 94-95 Cobras is unclear.

I don't know enough about the earlier V8 Mustangs except to guess that
probably nearly all of them are uncompetive with 96+ Cobras and 99+
GTs.

   Peace, >         > > In a message dated Fri, 7 Jul 2000 10:46:56 AM
Eastern Daylight Time, Alek Tziortzis
<alextz@ss112.rsch.comm.mot.com> writes: > > << > > IF it werent for
the 17 x 9 inch wheels on the SS/WS6, Id say > let all regular torsen rear
end (ie stock) 99+, and > regular auburn rear end (98s) run Fstock. > >
> but I think the 17 x 9s can give an advantage over > the 16 x 8 that is
stock on the camarobirds. > > how about allow them to run the 16 x 8s
the regular cars use? > BTW, the stock WS6/SS have springs that lower
it about .25 inch, > which will allow one to get more camber than a
regular Z28/firechicken. > > Also, the airbox itself on the WS6 has a
larger opening (I agree ram air does not > help in autox), so it allows the
engine to suck more air, even at low speeds. > > Just my opinion (sorry
Ken) > > Alex Tziortzis >  >> > >