Pure '87 bone stock vette, Dan Popp at Wendover...

To: autox@autox.team.net
Subject: Pure '87 bone stock vette, Dan Popp at Wendover...
From: Jkinser77@aol.com
Date: Wed, 19 Jul 2000 10:39:09 EDT
I wonder if any of you saw the times for Dan Popp driving Charlie Shelton's
daily driver 87, no shocks, no alignment but on Hoosiers...check out his
times...I was just informed that Stacey finally caught him on Sunday, but Dan
was able to drive this car to .5 off Erik, I was told.  He was driving this
car to run 2 events for the year and he is located in ASP after being bumped.
 So-take a look at what a good driver, in a non set up car, with only tires
on it can do....He would have been 4th in SS, just barely out of 3rd.
Amazing how some cars, thought of as uncompetitive, combine it with a top
driver and wow----amazing and impressive.

Jean Kinser