Re: Kit cars in Prepared

To: "Colbert, Raymond J." <Raymond.Colbert@alcoa.com>
Subject: Re: Kit cars in Prepared
From: Pat Kelly <lollipop@ricochet.net>
Date: Thu, 27 Jul 2000 08:52:29 -0700

"
The Loti are in prepared already and they are all
> (from day 1) considered kit cars!!!  There are limits on them.
Not all Lotuses can be called kit cars, only the 7s. Anyway, hardly any
are running in A Prepared because of those "limits." Last year at
Nationals there were two cars, an Elan and a 7A.

 Why should Loti and other low production or
> kit vehicles be grandfathered into prepared and in some cases (TVR and
> others) into Stock and Street Prepared just because they are old (but still
> very fast)?  I suggest that the homologation number be dropped in Prepared
> and brought up to date in Stock and S.P. for all cars.

Why let Lotuses run at all? Just plain ban any car with the Lotus badge
on it. Sheesh. Newer cars are better and faster, believe me.
--Pat Kelly