Re: Best Car Movies (Not Driven)

To: "'autox@autox.team.net'" <autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Best Car Movies (Not Driven)
From: "Charles R. Schultz" <n2pua4@peoplepc.com>
Date: Tue, 08 May 2001 20:33:21 -0500
How about Stroker Ace?  See how many NASCAR personalities (not just
drivers) you can spot without resorting to the credits.  Directed by Hal
Needham, who also directed Hooper, which also has Burt Reynolds, cars
and stuntmen.

Speaking of Burt Reynolds, cars, and stuntmen, the Cannonball and Smokey
and the Bandit films can be mildly entertaining.

<name witheld by request>    ;^)

P.S. Gone in 60 Seconds (1974) is available from amazon.com, and here's
something about the DVD:   The 25th Anniversary DVD also features an
introduction by Denise Halicki (the director's widow); laid-back
commentary by Leighton and cinematographer Jack Vacek that foregrounds
Halicki's seat-of-the-pants filmmaking style; interviews with Parnelli
Jones, J.C. Agajanian, and stunt driver Bobby Ore (all of whom appear in
the film) and former Ford honcho Lee Iacocca; two cut scenes; unused
driving footage; and 300 stills.

--
Chuck Schultz     /                       Mailto:n2pua4@peoplepc.com