Engine break-in.

To: <knuckledragger@kcweb.net>
Subject: Engine break-in.
From: knuckledragger@kcweb.net
Date: Tue, 15 May 2001 16:02:58 -0500
Jim Crider, or anyone else who works at Chrysler or any other small car
manufacturer, I've got a request of you.

Could you find out for me how the factory breaks-in brand new engines,
especially small ones like is in my Neon. I know you're supposed to take it
easy on them for the first 500 or so miles while the rings seat and
everything "mates" to the next part but I'm assuming that the factory has
already run the engines for a while after assembly to break them in.

Since my new, again, engine is almost ready for me out in Salina, some 195
miles away from my home, I'd like to make sure it's properly broken in
somewhat before I drive it home so I don't get stranded at about the 100
mile mark.  :^\

I already asked the service manager to drive it around Salina a bit to break
it in some, but............

Thanks in advance.

Eric Linnhoff in KC
1998 Dodge Neon R/T