Re: Engine break-in.

To: gspray@cjnetworks.com, autox@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Engine break-in.
From: Hottvr@aol.com
Date: Tue, 15 May 2001 23:21:42 EDT
Interesting??? I've wondered about break in on a new engine too.  Heres a
point
(Not to start another Team.Nuts bitchfest) though. I have had a couple of
engines
built since I started in 1998. Both where done by Williams Engines USA. When
they put an engine together there is almost no "Break in" period. The engine
is brought up to temp on the dyno and does a 45 second blast to over 7000
rpm's. So much for the break in idea????

My theory is that if its gonna come apart it will and it won't take long. The
"Break in" period  is just  to get you away from the Dealership/Crappy engine
builder???

Mike(The engine is only good for 40 hours in CM)B. 99cm TLS#1