Re: Timing and scoring programs

To: <Smokerbros@aol.com>, <autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Timing and scoring programs
From: "Rick Brown" <free2000@quixnet.net>
Date: Thu, 24 May 2001 10:05:57 -0700
While I haven't used it yet at a full Championship event, the tests of
AutoX/TS network version have been good.  Our setup uses 3 laptops with
wireless networking cards (registration is usually not by timing and I
didn't want to string cables), 1 for timing, 2 for registration with 1 for
people in the database and 1 for first timers. Your basic database can be as
big as you want, a person is "entered" into the event by assigning a
run/work group, otherwise they don't show up in printouts.  When you set up
a new event, you assign a new file name, and it clears the times and
run/work assignments. So if you want to pre-registrar, no big deal.  The
non-networked version was really designed for this. With the network
version, you can do pre-registration, on-site real time registration or a
combination.  The software allows for merge and/or updating of the database,
so pre-registration could be done by anybody on any computer and then put
into the timing computer at the event.  The plan is to use it "for real" at
our next Championship, June 17th.  And we've had around 280 entrants at the
last 2 events.
Every time I've done testing, as Charlie says, the announcers love it.  Not
only gives position, but shows the leader and how much the top 5 plus the
current finisher is out of first.

Rick Brown
FP 240Z

What's your future on the internet? Find out at:
http://yourfuture.ina.net     password: ebiz