Re: Timing and scoring programs

To: Smokerbros@aol.com, demented-inc@prodigy.net,
Subject: Re: Timing and scoring programs
From: JVHT@aol.com
Date: Thu, 24 May 2001 06:16:41 EDT
In a message dated 5/23/01 10:53:14 PM Eastern Daylight Time, Smokerbros
writes:

> I used this system as announcer at the Nationals Warm-up last year.  It was
> awesome!  It told me what position the person was in in their class,
> updated their position immediately after the run was over...  Incredible!
>
> San Francisco Region's question concerns pre-registration.  We have yet to
> really want to do that, with 200+ entrants per event.  We might have to
> anyway, if we get to 300 (we have had very high 200's at several events)
> entrants and need to limit entries, but nobody wants to be the registrar...
>  Any thoughts on preregistration with events of this size?

Get the Network Version of AutoX T/S software by Rob Gregg.

(for demo)

http://www.autoxts.com/

We have a hub that can accept up to 8 PC's running registration at once, even
after the event starts!!! As long as the PC has a network card and runs
windows, it can be used. At larger events I bring in my laptop and we have a
total of 5 PC's. By the way, our Ovislink 8 port Hub cost $99.00 and works
perfectly. You can get even better deals at Office Depot for a complete
network kit. Go for the 100mb cards if you can afford it as the network
response is noticeably better.

Some clubs do preregistration, but I find it a logistical nightmare.

Thanks,
John Taylor
Webmaster@