Re: Allowed mods in stock classes

To: autox@autox.team.net, hilldfe@earthlink.net
Subject: Re: Allowed mods in stock classes
From: jac73@daimlerchrysler.com
Date: Fri, 25 May 2001 14:34:05 -0400
Darren Hill asked:

>I am relatively new to Solo2 , but am planning on purchasing a CRX in the
>next month or two, to run in stock class. I was wondering if someone would
be
>so kind as to list for me, the entire list of allowable modifications for
the
>ES class. I plan on starting with wheels/tires (some BFG's maybe) and
going
>from there. What, in all the infinite wisdom that is represented on this
here
>board, would be your recommendation for the order of modifications
thereafter?
>Thanks in advance for any and all input.

Okay, "what's allowed" is actually pretty easy:

- Shocks using original mounting points
- Brake pads
- exhaust system from catalyst rearward (should exit in a roughly stock
location)
- air filter element in stock airbox (or no element at all in stock airbox)
- spark plugs
- spark plug wires
- front sway bar & mounting hardware
- wheels - stock diameter and width, +/- 0.25" in offset
- Tires: any DOT rated tire

If it was me starting out again, and assuming I was starting with a
mechanically-sound car that didn't need fresh shocks, brake pads, etc. to
be streetworthy, I'd spend money in this order:

1) local Solo school
2) as many local Solo events as I can get to.
3) Evolution Autocross School
4) extra set of wheels & some used DOT race rubber.
5) a whole bunch more local events
6) Evolution Phase II school
7) Good set of shocks, possibly a front swaybar.
8) other stuff as it fell off the car or wore out.

Jim Crider
autojim@att.net

The information contained in this transmission, which may be
confidential and proprietary, is only for the intended recipients.
Unauthorized use is strictly prohibited. If you receive this
transmission in error, please notify me immediately by telephone
or electronic mail and confirm that you deleted this transmission
and the reply from your electronic mail system.