Re: Allowed mods in stock classes

To: jac73@daimlerchrysler.com
Subject: Re: Allowed mods in stock classes
From: John Lieberman <johnlee@softdisk.com>
Date: Mon, 28 May 2001 17:14:42 -0500
I'd have to ditto what Jim said, Darren.  But I'd offer this
additional caveat:  Max out your suspension before you put on the
gumball tires.  And I don't say that because you're buying a CRX.
Lord knows, the CRX has been one of the most consistent autox cars
since its debut all those many years ago.  I say it to anybody
considering making the jump from street tires to gumballs on any car.

Check every component - shocks/struts, bushings, sway bar/s, mounts,
etc.  Make sure everything's solid.  If you find something that's
questionable, replace it.  If you don't feel comfortable doing that
yourself, take it to a good alignment shop and let them inspect it.
THEN, when the suspension is good and solid, put on the gumballs.

John (Old Fartz & TLS #37) Lieberman