RE: Why not four runs/day

To: Richard Atkins <richarda@npclabels.com>
Subject: RE: Why not four runs/day
From: Mark Sirota <mark@sirota.org>
Date: Tue, 18 Sep 2001 10:51:16 -0400
--On 9/18/2001 10:13 AM -0500 Richard Atkins wrote:
> We now know that it is possible to have four runs both days at Nationals,
> 8 runs total. Lets do it!

Damn, I knew that was going to happen.

Yes, we pulled it off.  Consider it a miracle.  Don't ask for it to
happen again.

> On Friday we had 9 heats, started at 8 done about 5:30, well over 400
> cars, did not count all but by best guess is about 450 (after those who
> did not show). Lets use 400 cars at 3 runs = 1200 runs.

In fact, it was 465 drivers, started at 8:00, done at 6:00.  Three breaks
for course walking.  A few other short breaks for breakage and audits and
whatnot.  Figure probably an hour of downtime all total.

Remember, in recent years, there have been times when we finished after
6:00 pm as a result of problems.  It's amazing that we didn't have any.
All the workers and drivers cooperated, the weather was good, the timing
crew was hand-picked volunteers for the entire day.

It's not the sort of thing that we could pull off any time we wanted.

Mark