Re: Tire warming at Nationals

To: <KWall73108@aol.com>, <autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Tire warming at Nationals
From: "Rocky Entriken" <rocky@tri.net>
Date: Wed, 26 Sep 2001 00:10:52 -0500
I saw quite a few cars this year wrapped all the way around with
aluminum-type blankets. Candidly, I cannot recall if the engines were
running or not. There was enough noise in grid, and they were mostly S/SP
cars, and I never got close enough to tell. I rather assumed they were
keeping tire AND engine heat in that was already there.

Someone explain to me why we see some taking great measures to keep heat in
their tires, and others spraying their tires with water to cool them down?
Both extremes in S/SP classes. It's a puzzle to this P driver who wants the
engine to cool and the slicks to stay hot. :-)

--Rocky