Re: Wireless (WiFi) net at Nationals? was: Webcast at Nats?

To: Matt Murray <mattm@optonline.net>, Teamdotnet <autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Wireless (WiFi) net at Nationals? was: Webcast at Nats?
From: Randy Chase <randyc2@cox.net>
Date: Mon, 12 Aug 2002 09:12:06 -0700
At 04:35 AM 8/12/2002, Matt Murray wrote:
>It would be just as cool to see JACircuits/computer entry/results
>via WiFi on-site. I bet there are a few who have wireless cards
>that would take advantage of this. I've heard a region in New
>York state has done this.

No way it can happen this year, but I  (as in conecam.com) am looking into
*maybe* doing something next year. I was in a meeting last week with a
video streaming company about what it would take to have the finale and
Nats available as video streams on the internet. I was thinking of two
cameras for the Finale, one showing each side. And two cameras for Nats,
one for South and one for North. It would only give you an overview and
maybe focused more on the last 1/4 of the course, but would include the
audio. I *think* people who follow the sport and in particular someone that
is running, would be interested. Doing this woudl take some funding, but
this company so far has expressed an interest in doing that so that they
get some recognition.

Randy Chase
http://www.conecam.com/