Re: [evolution-disc.] SS getting DSQ'ed /video tapes allowed

To: eric salem <eric@mail.brown911.com>
Subject: Re: [evolution-disc.] SS getting DSQ'ed /video tapes allowed
From: Tom Maycock <tmaycock@interaccess.com>
Date: Tue, 13 Aug 2002 15:44:23 -0500 (CDT)
> This legalistic discussion is all well and fine, but you're missing the
> point of the story.

I think the point is, or should be:

1) You stay in impound until released. Period. If for no other reason than
to show basic respect to the specialty chiefs and all of your other fellow
competitors.

2) If everyone in the class agrees that they have no issues and would like
to be released early, you go find an impound worker and ask to be released
early.

3) Executing step 2 may require that one be willing to walk more than 5 or
10 feet. If you REALLY think impound workers aren't doing there job
properly, then go find an event official and politely ask them to look
into the situation. But don't leave impound until released.

Autox SHOULD be fun. Sometimes maintaining a fun environment means having
a little patience, being considerate, etc.

> There was nothing left to keep them there -- except a power trip for a
> steward or two.

Like probably everyone else who knows the two gentlemen in question, I'm
now enjoying a quiet chuckle at the thought of them engaging an a
"specialty chief power trip". Trust me, it ain't their style.

Tom