Re: [evolution-disc.] SS getting DSQ'ed /video tapes allowed

Subject: Re: [evolution-disc.] SS getting DSQ'ed /video tapes allowed
From: "Mark J. Andy" <marka@telerama.com>
Date: Tue, 13 Aug 2002 09:46:22 -0400 (EDT)
Howdy,

On Mon, 12 Aug 2002, Randy Chase wrote:
> And we are told to wait for the official results before releasing people,
> which sometimes takes a bit longer.

This is the part I never really understood.  I can see impound needing to
check stickers and such, but finishing position doesn't matter for that.
Once the "regular" impound checks are done (particularly in a class that
doesn't need to be weighed), why can't all the competitors decide they're
done, regardless of where the results are?

The waters get a little muddier in classes that need to be weighed, as its
impound's responsibility to weigh all the trophy cars plus a few and to do
that they need results...

Mark