Edelbrock QwikData

To: autox@autox.team.net
Subject: Edelbrock QwikData
From: dg50@daimlerchrysler.com
Date: Thu, 15 Aug 2002 10:03:29 -0400
"Robert Fulton" <Robert_Fulton@email.msn.com> wrote:

> After buying a Uni-Syn from Edelbrock, and experiencing their
made-in-China
> total lack of quality, I'd stay well away from Qwikdata or any other
device,
> tool, service or part with the Edelbrock name

Then you'd be cheating yourself out of the biggest bargin in data scraping
to be found.

The QwikData samples at 500 Hz, and you get 8 analogue and 7 digital
channels. Another 8 analogue channels can be added as an option. It comes
with 2 built-in accelerometers, and there is an option for a third.

It retails for around $800.

A similar system from Motec, Pi, Stack, Corsa, GEMS, or pretty well anybody
else will set you back $2k, easy, and goes up from there.

I've had one since '99, and it has worked flawlessly.

The software is a little basic, but it includes a text export of all the
data (and I reverse-engineered the native format too) Once you have it in
ASCII, munging it into other formats is trivial. I'm now using GEMS DLOG99
as my analysis package (it came with my EFI system) and I get track maps,
math channels, statistics... you name it.

You cannot do a serious job of car development without data aquisition, and
the Edelbrock is huge bang for the buck.

DG