Re: Diamond wheels?

To: knuckledragger@kcweb.net, autox@autox.team.net,
Subject: Re: Diamond wheels?
From: Sup4speed@aol.com
Date: Thu, 22 Aug 2002 11:43:49 EDT
Eric:

I ran some 16x8 Diamond wheels for about 1/4 of a season a few years ago.
These were black, steel, had a bunch of "D" holes around the center as I
recall.  At the time, the price was hard to pass up, about $99 each.  Various
offsets were available, which was good.  The reason I gave up on them
eventually was:
       They were darn heavy (about 22 lbs, compared to good alum wheels at
about 15lbs)
       They were not hubcentric, rather they are lug centric, requiring that
balancing shops knew how to balance.
       The wheels (mine were 4 lug) had no support on the hub center so the
wheel was held in position solely by the huge lugnuts (which are circle track
style 45 degree taper nuts).
       My car looked ugly with them.

I had no worries the tires would ever unseat, but the car definitely felt
slower on this wheel/tire combo.

Don Lew
DSP Supra