Re: absolutely nothing to do with anthing but always wanted to

To: <autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: absolutely nothing to do with anthing but always wanted to
From: "Donna and Terry Cost" <tcost@hot.rr.com>
Date: Wed, 28 Aug 2002 21:14:19 -0500
A long time ago I raced a light blue VW Bug in the local mini-stock bull
rings, with a big red 1 on it  (If you're going to be one, be a Big Red One).
That's an insider's joke about the army, and I was just out of uniform.  Later
I had a 1968 Datsun SRL 311 that I ran with the number 68, and with the "tire
warmer" numbering scheme in SCCA I still run that number on my son's 1968 SRL
311, so he can run second on warm tires (as 168).  I also autocross a 1988 BMW
325, and I figured that 16 was a nice number.  It looks good on the car, and
part of a BMW driver's reason for existence is looking good.  That's also why
I wax the car before autocrosses.

Leisure Suit Terry