Re: President Steve Johnson MEMO

To: "Fine, Kim" <kimfine@teletech.com>,
Subject: Re: President Steve Johnson MEMO
From: "Patrick Washburn" <washburn@dwave.net>
Date: Fri, 10 Jan 2003 12:51:38 -0600
> Personally I'm a little puzzled at our SCCA on how they can cry the blues
> about how Solo & Pro Solo are not money makers and yet building a new
> building and paying relo expenses to a good portion of the staff makes
> sense? I am still trying to figure that one out????? Lets see how long
> before our membership dues go up again to help pay for these changes.
>
> Please don't flame too hard - just putting out some food for thought.

No flame here, but you really need to look into the facts before going off
too much.  The long range effect of the move, as I understand it, nets SCCA
a significant savings.  I could be wrong of course since I cannot back that
up with numerical facts, but this is what was explained to me and it made sense.

I can only conclude that the memo was targeted towards P.R.O.  Seeing how
Heywood Wagner and Steve Volpp (two members previously very close to the
top) are involved in running P.R.O., there has evidently been some major
falling out.  I was not sure how I felt about the note...the full intent
wasn't as clear to me after I read it.  I didn't feel like I was being asked
to stay away from other clubs, just be carefull about representing it as an
SCCA event when it's not.  Did I read that correctly, or are others getting
a different message?

Patrick Washburn
C-Tech Trailer Cabinets
Designed for the Racer